Friday, March 20, 2009

Epicly Later'd GUY MARIANO

I'm a bit late on this as I just discovered it. Mariano has pretty much always been my favorite skater. He always had the best trick in every video he was in, and usually only had 1-4 tricks. He had this mysteriousness about him. I remember just thinking when watching his footage like "yeah Mariano is just somewhere in LA". The only other skater who had the same type of mystique and would just appear with one trick that would blow your mind in a video was Gino. Maybe it's a skaters with extremely italian names thing...I'm not sure. Guy was on and off the scene and fell off for about 4 years before his epic part in Fully Flared which to me is the most inspiring skateboard part of all time. Now he's back and he talks. I had never even heard this dude talk before! Now thats how mystical he was. I also realized that I THINK Fully Flared is the first time I've ever seen him to a kickflip. He might have done one in Video Days but I can't remember. Here is part one of Guy Mariano Epicly Latr'd

No comments: